Website Berry Global Inc.
Berry Global Inc. (formerly PGI Nonwovens) in Cuijk is an international production company, which focusses on the production of non-woven textile products that are mainly in the hygienic and sanitary field, as well as products related to baby care. Quality and safety are of paramount importance. In addition, Berry Global Inc. is focused on cooperation and the continuous improvement of processes throughout the organization.
In order to ensure a healthy and safe working environment the Supervisor Safety is responsible for the coordination, implementation and application of EHS related policies and procedures. The supervisor also trains employees and managers on the safety policies and the right level of reinforcement, including management / social control in case of deviations. Does this make you enthusiastic? Then we are looking for you!
What are your primary responsibilities?
- Supports the Emergency Response Team members (BHV) on sufficient training;
- Initiates, leads and participates in functional teams and projects related to EHS (incl. Kaizen);
- Challenges plant personnel (including contractors) to be active participants in pursuing EHS excellence. Promotes consideration of EHS implications in all projects and activities, provides positive re-enforcement and coaching;
- Supervision on the development, review, approval, interpretation and implementation of safety rules, orders, policies, standards, guides and documents;
- Supportive to EHS audits, self-assessments and inspections;
- Supportive to plant accident/incident investigations and non-conformances and monitors closure of corrective actions based on RCCM;
- Analyzes injury/illness and non-conformance trends and uses data to establish action plans and goals for improvement;
- Provides information and support concerning training requirements, technical and legal EHS issues, the implementation of companies’ health, safety and environmental management policies and procedures, emergency preparedness planning and response activities;
- Carries out proper safety and health practices to protect and to minimize adverse effects on all personnel and assets;
- Promotes continuous improvement in resources, processes and products through the application of continuous improvement methodologies;
- Supports and carries out proper risk prevention management in order to protect and to minimize adverse effects to the company.
- Works together with other departments, stimulating safety awareness and attitude for all employees
- Provides the EHS reporting.
Who are we looking for?
- MBO+ degree, preferably in MVK (Middelbare Veiligheidskunde);
- 3 to 5+ years of professional experience;
- Knowledge of and experience with lean manufacturing, SixSigma, ISO and Kaizen;
- Excellent verbal and written knowledge of Dutch and good verbal and written knowledge of English;
- Analytical capacity, expertise / knowledge in field of work, quality awareness, overview, initiative, persuasion and influence.
What do we offer you?
- Permanent position;
- A lot of variety and challenge;
- Short lines of communication and an informal corporate culture;
- Room for personal initiative;
- Good terms of employment.
Did we enthuse you?
Please send your English resume and application letter to Chantal Schipperheyn at email@example.com. Or call Chantal at 06 54324804 if you have any questions.
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuurt u uw sollicitatie naar firstname.lastname@example.org